Best Wedding Gifts -
German gift tradtions
What are the best wedding gifts for a German wedding? Don’t worry, the gift expectations in Germany are not much different from them in USA although the German marriage traditions might be a bit different.
1. Safe and easy: choose an item of the registryMost couples in Germany prefer a gift registry and usually arrange wedding gift tables in special stores. Buying a gift from such a table (Hochzeitstisch) brings you to "the safe side".
Buying one of the most expensive items means, you buy them a gift they really dream of. Whether you motivate other guests to participate or you are wealthy enough to invest in such an item on your own, for sure you'll make their dreams come true.
2. Pragmatic: Money!Of course money seems uncreative and impersonal. But also in Germany, money is one of the most popular and best wedding gifts. Saving for something special – a car, a house, a piece of art is typical for most young couples. Money might also help them to pay for their wedding, have an extraordinary honeymoon or pay back their student loans.
While it's not usual for a couple express money wishes directly, it is never rude to give a money gift. To involve a personal touch combine the two: attach a check to a kitchen gadget, a wonderful picture frame, or a long letter detailing your advice and wishes for their future.
3. Luxurious: Hotel RoomBook a hotel room for their first night as a married couple. So they can start their marriage perfectly by giving them a unforgettable night before they escape into their honeymoon.
Make sure that reservations have not already been made and ask the bride's mother or the maid-of-honor. This type of gift you should give early to ensure that they can include it in their plans.
4. Classy: A gift to stand the test of timeThis could be a bottle of fine German wine like Doenhoff or even Scotch with instructions to open on their fifth anniversary. Wonderful is also a piece of art, a gorgeous vase or antique piece of german furniture.
Give a gift on which the couple can look proudly and say "our friend Tom gave us that for our wedding."
5. Individual: Personalized GiftsIf you know the couple good enough - you may consider also a personalized wedding gift.
German Wedding ExpressionsAnd if you are invited to a German Marriage we have a special service for you! Learn here quick and easy the most important german wedding expressions & phrases - for free!
Special tip if you can't come to the cermonyIf you can't be present - No problem! It's always a romantic idea to send flowers to Germany.
The international flower delivery service is very well organised and you can make sure that the flower gift arrives in time.
What is your Best German